View Single Post
Old 07.03.2016, 01:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 275 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 17,502 Times in 7,403 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Hi Phil
What is the relationship between your answer and the topic "it will still be possible to live in the EU"?
Assuming no FMOP, there will be no automatic right to live in the EU and vice versa. So the UK will be able to put in place restrictions - though I would expect that the UK will, in practice, refuse few people from the EU.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if some kind of FMOP/FMOP-lite deal is reached.

Also, there are existing visa schemes, EU Blue Card, etc. For high-earners, living anywhere in the EU is not really a problem. Also, you can get permanent EC residence after 5 years in Germany: http://www.expatica.com/de/visas-and...as_108795.html

I'm not sure if there is another EU country where you can get permanent residence more quickly. But even if not, EU Blue card -> 5 years -> perm residence is pretty straight forward.

Last edited by Phil_MCR; 07.03.2016 at 02:08.
This user would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post: