View Single Post
Old 07.03.2016, 02:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 434 Times in 375 Posts
Thanked 18,179 Times in 9,669 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Assuming no FMOP, there will be no automatic right to live in the EU and vice versa. So the UK will be able to put in place restrictions - though I would expect that the UK will, in practice, refuse few people from the EU.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if some kind of FMOP/FMOP-lite deal is reached.

Also, there are existing visa schemes, EU Blue Card, etc. For high-earners, living anywhere in the EU is not really a problem. Also, you can get permanent EC residence after 5 years in Germany: http://www.expatica.com/de/visas-and...as_108795.html

I'm not sure if there is another EU country where you can get permanent residence more quickly. But even if not, EU Blue card -> 5 years -> perm residence is pretty straight forward.
And the irony is "All EU member states, except the United Kingdom, Denmark and Ireland, participate in the EU Blue Card scheme."

Maybe the UK will not be so open? Who knows!