View Single Post
Old 13.03.2016, 14:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car insurance cancelled by insurance company - securing a new policy

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

I just received a formal communication that my insurance company would end the policy once the current term expires. They are entitled to do this it seems and i assume it must be related to two claims (one significant) in the past 3 years. Neither involved the police / fines / legal issues. Just cost.

I will obviously contact brokers and other insurance companies but, based on experience, can anyone set my expectations in regards to how costly and painful securing a new policy might be? If you try doing an online search / comparison any affirmative answer re claims or policy withdrawal results in no offers. Thanks for any feedback.
You may find it very difficult to get cover at all, insurance companies expect to make a profit over time, if they realise someone is a bad risk, the underwriters will run a mile.