View Single Post
Old 16.03.2016, 08:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 145 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 4,850 Times in 1,930 Posts
smoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fust AG. Bad experience.

We bought a small freezer from them - and luckily took out the extra guarantee (although was not necessary ... but ......) . Did not use the freezer for a year as it was bought only for storing meat when we slaughter a sheep. So when I did pack it with meat - because of that "extra" guarantee, when I found the door standing open, having been pushed by the ice buildup inside, phoned them about the problem (same wait wait wait story on phone).

Because of the *extra* guarantee they sent out a technician to see what was wrong. Nice pleasant sort, confided to me that this model had a factory flaw in the door. Took it away. Was replaced (delivered) by a new model. Guarantee still in place for the replacement.

Without that "extra" guarantee no service would have been delivered to house - we`d have had to take it in ourselves. And transport home a replacement.

Then after another year, when the 2 year normal guarantee was up, we got a bill - with Mahnung - (no first invoice, just this one with warning and extra charges for "not paying"). Checking the old original "extra" guarantee, the small writing said "Cancelling must be in writing". So after the 2 year extended warranty, one is expected to pay Sfr60 a year into infinity, unless cancelled in writing.