View Single Post
Old 04.04.2016, 12:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 128 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 7,258 Times in 2,761 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU, B permit expiring in 20 days, Extention possible?

Quote:
View Post
OCP after flat out refusing, then was incredulous when I mentioned if I could instead apply for a tourist visa, suggested I go to the french embassy for the tourist visa since switzerland shouldnt have to worry about my french job or that I apply for an extension but not mention my french job (wait what?).
Well they're right though, aren't they. How is it Switzerland's problem if you're waiting for a job/permit to come through in another country?

You have no "right" to stay here after the current permit expires, I'm afraid. You're not employed, you're not a student, you're not a Swiss' spouse, you're not a tourist. That unfortunately pretty much leaves nothing.

Do as they say. Apply for an extension and don't mention the job. I have my doubts though that you will hear anything before the current permit runs out, but Island Monkey is right, it will buy you time as you're allowed to stay in the meantime. However, if it is refused (which it probably will be), chances are you need to leave quite fast, so be careful with that option.

Or maybe, just maybe, fly somewhere else (non-Schengen) when your permit runs out, but apply for a tourist visa upfront and return. Not sure this one will work though.

Otherwise fly home and wait there. Sorry.