View Single Post
Old 04.04.2016, 11:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 285 Times in 234 Posts
Thanked 15,394 Times in 8,561 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has Lebara illegally charged me or am I just stupid?

If data was turned on, you were using the service as your phone would connect. I think you should pay.

Quote:
View Post
It's okay, you can call me stupid.

Until recently I had a Nokia phone I bought in 2009. I use prepaid Lebara. If I wanted internet access, I sent an sms to a particular number with a particular code and I was then charged 5CHF/month, which was enough for me to do emails which is all I wanted it for. I cancelled this last year as my phone was not working well enough to do emails.

My phone died and, unable to find a replacement for my Nokia except by buying a Blackberry (I love proper keyboards) I bought what I suppose is a smart phone. I received an advice from Lebara maybe a week later saying my credit was low. When I looked in my account it was charging me for internet.

I wrote and complained and was told that I had to manually turn off all the things to do with internet that were automatic at the moment. I've done that, but I want my money back. Is that unreasonable? Why does Lebara get to charge me for a service I have not requested from them?
The following 3 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: