View Single Post
Old 12.04.2016, 00:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 87 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 11,679 Times in 4,740 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for people who share physical custody

Quote:
View Post
Our latest predicament has to do with the subsidy for childcare. How should it be calculated if you share custody? Our Gemeinde have no idea, and depending on how they choose to do it the financial effects for us would be quite substantial.
It might it be possible to write to the Gemeinde - ideally together - to say that the child permanently resides with you both, split equally, but that, for the purposes of x and y ONLY (e.g. the child subsidy) you and the child's other parent consider one of the homes (yours, or the home of the other parent) to be the primary residence. Pick the one which brings you all the better financial situation. Maybe that would suffice.

However, since there could be other ramifications of a child's having a primary domicile, which I can't anticipate, I would, in your case, try to research the legal consequences. Perhaps this could be relevant for children's money (Kindergeld) from an employer now, or if ever benefits were paid out of insurance plans in the event of death or disability of one parent. Or for the cost of medical insurance, especially if in a group insurance plan through an employer. Sorry, I don't know more about this.