View Single Post
Old 12.04.2016, 01:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 277 Times in 162 Posts
Thanked 5,671 Times in 2,591 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for people who share physical custody

Quote:
View Post
It might it be possible to write to the Gemeinde - ideally together - to say that the child permanently resides with you both, split equally, but that, for the purposes of x and y ONLY (e.g. the child subsidy) you and the child's other parent consider one of the homes (yours, or the home of the other parent) to be the primary residence. Pick the one which brings you all the better financial situation. Maybe that would suffice.

However, since there could be other ramifications of a child's having a primary domicile, which I can't anticipate, I would, in your case, try to research the legal consequences. Perhaps this could be relevant for children's money (Kindergeld) from an employer now, or if ever benefits were paid out of insurance plans in the event of death or disability of one parent. Or for the cost of medical insurance, especially if in a group insurance plan through an employer. Sorry, I don't know more about this.
For the monthly Kindergeld that's normally paid through your employer you only need to specify which parent is claiming. It's of course not allowed that both parents claim.

The medical insurance costs are something else - I pay for my childs insurance and she receives a reduction as a minor still in education. Usually the relevant authorities have this info. and will contact you - you only need to sign the forms. As inclusion on my 3rd party accident / home insurance - she's insured until she leaves home.

As to the death or disability - is also something unclear to me and am currently looking into for myself - so confusing.