View Single Post
Old 18.04.2016, 16:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,913 Times in 7,672 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
This is not really about an all in or all out.

Cameron has already asked for concessions and will probably come back for more.

So the question is, is Britain going to get a big heap of concessions and we'll officially say it's still in the EU even if certain rules are being bent?

Or will Britain officially be outside the EU with a big heap of bilaterals that effectively mean the same as the above, but there is the psychological but otherwise immaterial fact that according to the paper we're "out"..
Whatever you call it, a Brexit will mean less advantages for the UK in regards with free movements of goods and capitals which are taken for granted now.
Amogles, you know it and I know it that lots of EU companies wouldn't have made it on so many markets if it wasn't for EU agreements and subventions. Lots of people totally miss the point here. Back home we subsidise foreign companies or facilitate their process of getting EU funds which they would not get had they not expanded their activity. To think of only one aspect...
There's lot more than movement of people, from which, btw, UK citizens take advantage like anyone else.
To me personally whether UK stays in or gets out means nothing. (maybe it's a bit irritating because some discussions are vastly misguided) But to argue that there will be no changes in case of a Brexit is a tad I don't know, silly.

Last edited by greenmount; 18.04.2016 at 17:13.