View Single Post
Old 22.04.2016, 15:11

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Maciej has no particular reputation at present
Re: Termination letter vs. landlord on vacation

Thanks everyone for all the information.

As someone already mentioned, indeed the landlord is a private person and as the agreement says I can resign after 1 year as of each month-end with three months of notice period.

I have just received a call this morning from the "new apartment" agency that we got the new apartment and now they will prepare a contract for us and deliver it after the weekend which makes it extremely tight. Just to be on a safe side, I don't want to send termination letter before I carefully read my new contract - which would be on Monday at the earliest.

So all in all, I think it will depend on the landlord's good will if she accepts the termination letter picked up in May if the letter doesn't reach her house by end of the month.

Quote:
View Post
Read the law, it IS your problem....
Sbrinz, can you shed some more light? Why would law be "against" the tenant in this case? If a landlord goes away for a trip around the world for 6 months, I would assume its his/hers obligation to provide alternative contact in case anything happens to the apartment or the tenant wants to move out at that time.