View Single Post
Old 22.04.2016, 21:57
Forum Legend

Groaned at 208 Times in 133 Posts
Thanked 6,403 Times in 2,719 Posts
Faltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
The U.K. Has never been in the middle of the EU, and probably never will be. The U.K. Does not believe in lofty European ideals as maybe Germany does, but has always taken a pragmatic approach.
I never said they were, I was expressing what I think is the dream of the Americans, of any party. Huge difference.
As to "pragmatic approach", it means pragmatically speaking having its cake and eat it too. That the US couldn't care less about, all that matters to the US is that EU does not develop a military force independent of nato and the transatlantic treaty because business is business. And for both of those things, the US dreams of a UK as strong as possible in the EU. The UK doesn't have to mean it, they just have to influence it the way the US wants.