View Single Post
Old 02.05.2016, 14:28

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
I wonder is anyone critiquing Turkey is labeled anti-Islamic, or critiquing Italy is anti-Christian?
Yes, there is a problem with blurred lines between the religion and the country, but I do think that the country goes a long way towards keeping those lines blurred. It is often said that condemning Israel offensives against Hamas is anti-Semitic, but condemning Hamas attacks against Israel is not considered to be anti-Islamic. And, in my experience, saying both sides have valid points, although they both go about it the wrong way is often only seen as criticizing one side.
And that is the problem... any criticism about Israel must either
a) separate the religion and the state, but starting the start with the "I'm not anti-Semetic, but....' always means you ARE anti-Semetic. or
b) don't try to separate the state and the religion, then you are seen as combining the both in an umbrella.
The problem is that Israel was founded on a religion and the basis that Jew's claim to be God's chosen people and that Israel is God's chosen land.

At the end though, no Jew can influence Israel in the same way that no individual Muslims have an influence on terrorism.
This user would like to thank for this useful post: