View Single Post
Old 02.05.2016, 15:12
Forum Legend

Groaned at 288 Times in 245 Posts
Thanked 21,413 Times in 7,803 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
"totally ignoring mass slaughters in other countries."
Indeed, current example!
Yesterday was the 101st Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, ca. 1.5 million people

Warning, graphic pictures here.
a) that's a century ago. I think there are worse things going on right now that nobody talks about.

b) the Armenian topic makes the news very regularly, especially since Erdogan has so a short fuse... latest example: A cultural project in Dresden on the topic receives EU funds, Turkey files complaints about "propaganda", EU withdraws a slightly strong worded text from a website to edit it a bit, all newspapers go up in arms... simply cause it's Erdogan. I'd never hear about some culture project in Dresden otherwise, but Turkey really gets the stick WAY more than Israel right now. Rightfully so, but still: Israel really isn't the top news item it once was anymore in Europe. Might be different in the UK from what I hear on this thread... Here is some source to the case I mentioned: http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/polit...batte-23942594
The following 2 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post: