View Single Post
Old 02.05.2016, 14:20
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 239 Posts
Thanked 21,242 Times in 7,729 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
True; I was anti-apartheid!

Now when I look at SA I wonder if I supported the right thing.

Meddling in other countries affairs often has unfortunate results; just ask the US

What is the saying "be careful what you wish for"!
For example, when I look at the results of the "Arab Spring" it is hard to figure out what would be a "proven" solution for Palestine.

1) if the majority of South Africans decide to vote for some crazy corrupt idiot is this entirely their choice. That doesn't mean that your view on an equally corrupt fascist state torturing people was in any way wrong.

2) The US is hardly meddling in other countries for a greater good, but usually have a pretty strong self interest... which often goes badly wrong.

3) The problem with Palestine is that you have by now some 35 years of radicalization. Pretty impossible to now turn a switch and say "hey, you are free now, please forget the past and don't throw bombs anymore. Let's have a secular state and free elections instead"... life won't be that easy. It probably would take a decade or so of a strong handed but benevolent dictator to stabilize and organize a proper Palestinian state. As long as neither Israel nor ANY of the Arab fractions has any interest in a strong and stable Palestine is this never ever going to happen. Most of the current powers prefer instability and suffering of the civil population as it helps them with their political agenda in one way or another.
The following 3 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post: