View Single Post
Old 02.05.2016, 16:01
la mod

Groaned at 103 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 15,216 Times in 4,906 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Considering Boris Johnson has managed it, I'd say being a deeply unpleasant person must be a vital qualification!
The question is, was he considered unpleasant for being anti-Jewish? My father hates the man, absolutely despises him, but mainly because of the congestion charge he introduced as London mayor. My point is, if a grievous accusation is going to be made against someone, no matter how loathsome they may be, they should have a right to a fair hearing.

That wasn't the case here, Livingstone has been tried by the kangaroo court of the media with no end of MPs lining up to stick the knife in, literally minutes after the story blew up. It took me a couple of days to read up the facts for myself and decide on balance that although it was a stupid and clumsy statement to make, it was certainly not anti-semitic.
The following 2 users would like to thank Castro for this useful post: