View Single Post
Old 03.05.2016, 10:23
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Cata1yst has a reputation beyond reputeCata1yst has a reputation beyond reputeCata1yst has a reputation beyond reputeCata1yst has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Why don't you ask him? He calls Hamas and Hezbollah his "friends", and both these groups are internationally recognised as terrorist organisations.
Sigh.....usual right wing paper spin then. He was trying to mediate constructive discussions. In the old days mediation and diplomacy was the correct way to resolve issues, just seems the current method is bomb the shit out of places. 30 years of soldiers in NI worked didn't it?

Quote from Corbyn.

"I spoke at a meeting about the Middle East crisis in parliament and there were people there from Hezbollah and I said I welcomed our friends from Hezbollah to have a discussion and a debate, and I said I wanted Hamas to be part of that debate. I have met Hamas in Lebanon and I've met Hezbollah in this country and Lebanon.

"I'm saying that people I talk to, I use it in a collective way, saying our friends are prepared to talk.

"Does it mean I agree with Hamas and what it does? No. Does it mean I agree with Hezbollah and what they do? No. What it means is that I think to bring about a peace process, you have to talk to people with whom you may profoundly disagree.

"There is not going to be a peace process unless there is talks involving Israel, Hezbollah and Hamas and I think everyone knows that."
The following 3 users would like to thank Cata1yst for this useful post: