View Single Post
Old 04.05.2016, 15:44
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 88 Times in 84 Posts
Thanked 18,867 Times in 8,403 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: gotogate.ch warning

Quote:
View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Swiss / Star Alliance always go by operating carrier and not marketing carrier for mileage calculation. Btw, you can always change the FF number at the point of OLCI or at the airport - you don't need to stick with what was entered at the point of booking
It's been so long I forget why we had to do it that way, but we had to use two different mileage programs because of the airlines that operated the flights - even though all are Star Alliance members or partners. We couldn't simply put everything on Miles n More.

And as you mention, we changed the FF numbers at the airport. Point was, people who don't fly often or don't belong to multiple programs could miss out on points. This was a long-haul, so worth a few thousand points. Then again, I guess those who don't fly much would lose the points anyway after a certain amount of time.