View Single Post
Old 08.05.2016, 16:47

Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
swissdip has annoyed a few people around hereswissdip has annoyed a few people around here
End of tenancy c.40m sq: cleaning charges problem

My partner and I just moved out of a two room apartment. The day before the move when we were due to do the final polish of the place I was hit with a serious health issue and was in hospital and so my partner had to go it alone. He is not the best at cleaning at the best of times and had me to worry about on top of that. The place was very clean, oven, cupboards, washing machine filters, floors, walls, etc. although it was not ruthlessly clean and windows needed another good gloss. It was damn close though.

We did the handover and were told that it wasn't fully up to standard and that including the replacement of the fridge inside plastic container which had a crack in it that it should cost 600.
They have now sent us a bill for just over 1000 saying 850 was for cleaning.

We lived in rural part of Thurgau so we do not expect to pay Zürich prices; also this seems way too much for an apartment that was pretty much clean. We are being swindled for sure here. Is there anything we can do?