View Single Post
Old 12.05.2016, 13:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non EU with EU unmarried partner move to Zurich - Permit advice needed!

Quote:
1. I am Non-EU and have a partner (unmarried) who is an EU national. We have been in the relationship and lived in the UK together since 2011.
How long have you actually lived together for, and do you have documentation that would prove this?

I'm asking because I'm in the same situation but we're both EU passport holders. I'm lucky that we still have the rental agreements of the last three places we've lived at that have both our names as tenants, and that our work C.V.'s prove that we met at work. I don't know how much of this will be required when my current permit is renewed, but it's good to have such documents to hand. Because I'm a bit of a travel geek, I also have all the boarding passes from trips we've made together going back five years.

Quote:
2. In 2013 I obtained a residence permit issued in the UK as a family member of an EEA national – unmarried partner(EEA2).
What is your nationality please?

Quote:
4. We are planning to move to Zurich together to live and work.
I would strongly advise that you don't come to Zurich unless one, or both of you have a job here secured beforehand.

You need to prove to Migrationsamt that you have sufficient funds to support yourself before you can be granted any type or permit that would allow you to stay and search for work, and therefore, be able to secure somewhere half decent to live.
The following 2 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: