View Single Post
Old 12.05.2016, 16:51
KJTW KJTW is offline
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KJTW has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non EU with EU unmarried partner move to Zurich - Permit advice needed!

View Post
How long have you actually lived together for, and do you have documentation that would prove this?

I'm asking because I'm in the same situation but we're both EU passport holders. I'm lucky that we still have the rental agreements of the last three places we've lived at that have both our names as tenants, and that our work C.V.'s prove that we met at work. I don't know how much of this will be required when my current permit is renewed, but it's good to have such documents to hand. Because I'm a bit of a travel geek, I also have all the boarding passes from trips we've made together going back five years.

What is your nationality please?

I would strongly advise that you don't come to Zurich unless one, or both of you have a job here secured beforehand.

You need to prove to Migrationsamt that you have sufficient funds to support yourself before you can be granted any type or permit that would allow you to stay and search for work, and therefore, be able to secure somewhere half decent to live.
Hi Blueangel, firstly thank you for your reply. I don't think proving our relationship would be an issue, I still have all our council tax bill (which under both of our names) and a joint UK bank account statement (but it's closed now) and we both have many other documents sent to the same address. I have pictures with his parents and he also visited my family.

Finding a job shouldn't be a problem for my partner due to his work experience and expertise and we both still have some savings, however it would be good to know that how much is "sufficient".
Reply With Quote