View Single Post
Old 14.05.2016, 23:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 421 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 19,760 Times in 10,587 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Another worry is not simply to remain or to leave, it is the transitional period of at least 10 years, when new legal agreements & trade treaties are drawn up.
The negotiations for a deal between Canada and the EU have been ongoing for 10 years. Then all the EU countries will have to sign up to it or it dies.
Has anyone considered how long the UK will need to get back to the position it has today?
To throw away all the advantages for just 1.4% of the UK budget (I read the figure recently but I cannot find it again)
To start off from zero in a world where the USA and China are with the EU dominating everything.
The UK has few real friends in the world, most of the old empire have been let down by the UK and will not be very helpful.
How are these new customers and allies going to be won over?
You don't need trade agreements to trade with the EU, as I mentioned before you have not watched the video.....

The EU does not have a trade agreement with China, strange that you can get things made in China in the EU.

Why do we want 'friends'? we want customers, friends expect something for nothing-
The following 5 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: