View Single Post
Old 14.05.2016, 23:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 421 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 19,764 Times in 10,588 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
2 years to disentangle itself from current trade deals based upon EU membership + 6 yrs to negotiate new deals. That's a shitload of uncertainty.

I tend to think of more day to day consequences and how those would affect my friends and family in the UK. One of the things that pees me off the most about Switzerland is not being able to do a weekly shop in one store only, and the cost of our weekly shop. My OH says it's fine relative to the wages here, but what if the variety of goods in a Tesco Extra or Asda shrunk to 50% of what it was pre-Brexit and the cost of the average weekly shop increased. Even a moderate increase would hit a lot of people very hard, and how long would it be before British wages increased to match this? A few years?
Food will be cheaper in the UK if they leave the EU, do you think that the EU will refuse to sell us goods? Buy Buy German car industry. :mannered: