View Single Post
Old 31.05.2016, 11:42
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Exactly the majority of British voters DIDN'T vote Conservative. Although it is also worth mentioning that a GREATER majority of British voters DIDN'T vote Labour.

Also a GREATER number of voters backed the Lib Dems (7.9%) that the SNP (4.7%) and yet walked away with 8 seats (vs 56).

The greater tragedy is that none of the 27 Monster Raving Loony Party candidates won a seat.

Since 1983, I've voted Liberal /Lib Dem in every local and national election, with the one abberation of a desperate Labour vote in '97, so you can imagine my feelings on the matter.

It always amazes me how many Monster Raving Loony Party policies are mainstream now. Reckon he was just before his time in many ways.

EDIT: Just to expand, and lay my cards on the table to a degree, when it comes to British party politics, if the Lib Dems had Paddy back at the helm, and Labour had Alan Johnson (even though he doesn't want the job) the Tory's wouldn't see the light of day. Both of those men command my resepct.