View Single Post
Old 03.06.2016, 07:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
The difference is we have 6 options, in the real world there are only two: "in", "out" with no "shake it all about".

I would take "I want the UK to stay in a loosely connected EU" as an "out" as that in reality is what an "out" vote means...
I remember the presentation of an employee engagement survey - the questions read similar to:
"I find working at xxxxxx to be highly rewarding"
"I find the management of xxxx to have a clear strategy which is well communicated"
"I feel valued in xxxxxx"

etc etc - you get the picture

Anyway, they could all be answered with "Strongly Agree/ Agree/Neither Agree or Disagree/Disagree/Strongly Disagree" options.

Typically the spread of answers was something like 10/20/30/25/15% (respecitively). This meant quite clearly that 30% agreed, 30% were "egal" and 40% disagreed.

The problem was that you can't tell management that and so the headlines became:

"60% of people didn't disagree with the statement I find working at xxxxxx to be highly rewarding"
"60% of people didn't disagree with the statement I find the management of xxxx to have a clear strategy which is well communicated"
"60% of people didn't disagree with the statement I feel valued in xxxxxx"

Complete with a presentation showing the percentages, so that even the fumbest of ducks realized which direction the results were actually skewed.