View Single Post
Old 04.06.2016, 23:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,650 Times in 10,949 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
The problem with percentages is they don't tell the whole truth. In pure money terms, Germany has a trade surplus with the UK of 51 bn, second only to the US at 54 bn and the whole of the EU has a surplus with the UK of 92bn. It's so heavily in their favour that there's no way they will jeopardise that and truth is they can't afford to. They'll already have to find an additional 12bn nett that the UK pays in so they'll be desperate for a deal.
If I was negotiating I would say we will let the EU have the 92 billion of surplus trade but want a credit from the EU of 12 billion so 24 billion benefit to the UK, no doubt I would accept zero payment either way in the end..