View Single Post
Old 13.06.2016, 09:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 87 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 8,247 Times in 3,833 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

You really have swallowed the media bylines on this. Project Fear? = Murdoch media. Are you on his payroll too?

Quote:
To describe the scaremongering as coming from the Leave side is quite disgraceful. At least have the integrity to admit that neither side has covered itself in glory. I don't think it's fair for Leave to use the gross £350m figure for the amount we pay per week. The net figure of around £250m is quite enough. And the threat of Turkey joining seems remote.
Turkey in the EU won't happen in Erdogan's lifetime, no matter how much Boris wants it to, and probably for a generation or two after that.

Both sides have showered themselves in lies and misinformation, but I don't expect much better when, essentially, it's a blue on blue war of words. Cameron has raised too many arguments that I disagree with, so I look to almost anyone but him for accurate info. The debate has switched too many people off and left them not knowing what to believe.

I've been debating this at length with a friend and former trade union colleague who has thrown every arguing point under the sun at me. So far, I've managed to prove all of her beliefs and assumptions are innaccurate and just plain wrong. She won't be swayed, same as I won't be.
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: