View Single Post
Old 23.06.2016, 00:20
Forum Legend

Groaned at 423 Times in 315 Posts
Thanked 19,922 Times in 10,656 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone watching the Great Debate on BBC

Quote:
No, thought not ...!? Who said?

Some of us are in on UK pensions only, would you believe and not on fat Swiss salaries. If BREXIT goes through and the tumbles long term, we may well have little choice. I would have no problem in going back to UK- I love it there just as much, but differently, as I do here, and with my kids, grandkids, family and so many friends there, it would make sense as we get older. Especially if reciprocal arrangements fall through. In the meantime, some of you pro BREXIT- have got your job here thanks to the reciprocal EU arrangements re freedom of movement. YOU wouldn't be kicked out, I imagine, but others would from Brexit on find it much more difficult- just as difficult as it was for me to go and work in UK in 1970- when the only way to do so was for the employer to apply for the permit and make a case for you being essential and your job not suitable for a local.

But the truth is, I'd love to go back to the Britain I've loved for those nearly 40 years- not some broken up 'Little Britain' isolated from the rest of the world

BTW there are 1 million + of retired people from the UK living in France, Spain, Italy and other EU countries on UK pensions who would probably have to go back if the drops significantly and if they lose EU agreements on health care.
It was dead easy to stay in a country before free movement, you just needed to get married, of course you knew that & did
The following 2 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
This user groans at fatmanfilms for this post: