View Single Post
Old 24.06.2016, 11:51
Forum Legend

Groaned at 486 Times in 405 Posts
Thanked 14,715 Times in 5,780 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
No they don't. It was only ever an 'NI number card', issued as a notification to the individual, with no legal meaning, and I'm sure I'm not alone in having no idea what happened to it once I'd memorised my NI number when I was 16.

Of course your idea could work if they made them mandatory, and verifiable, like some sort of, oooh, I don't know, some sort of identity card or something. Now what, I wonder, did the UK think of that idea least times it wad raised?

ok everyone paying tax, or of a tax paying age, is issued with an NI number / card. One would assume those pesky illegals don't go to the grief of registering with the tax office.

Much like the vote remain campaign, if they had actually focused and explained what an ID card would have been used for and made the proles understand rather then allowing the anti's to shout and scream and scaremonger it might have succeeded (and not offering the deal to your favorite outsourcing company with a track record of massive failures)