View Single Post
Old 24.06.2016, 15:37
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 59 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 2,449 Times in 865 Posts
Pachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
And did anyone notice how quiet it's been the last few weeks on how many migrants have been trying to cross the Med? 4,500 were picked up by the Italian navy just yesterday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36611059

Collusion to keep similar reports out of the news in the run-up to the voting day I wonder?
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but someone made the same point at work yesterday, and I realised that up until about1 month ago, there were stories in the media every day about the Italians rescuing boatloads of African migrants, or tragic reports of boats capsizing. Then in the last few weeks, nothing. Not a peep. But last night, after the polls closed, we suddenly hear about the ongoing Italian rescues. Expect to hear about the next Greek bailout shortly, plus the EU plan for a joint military force, initiatives that nothing has been said about recently.
The following 2 users would like to thank Pachyderm for this useful post: