View Single Post
Old 26.06.2016, 17:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
It's in naive to think that this 350m figure somehow carried the election, because had the figure been 190m it would have likely been the same outcome. Let's not sit here blaming relatively inconsequential things like this for the current situation, let's blame the institutions that have caused such a well of dissatisfaction among the population that it has even come to this point. There is a bigger picture, and it does not lie in the shady claims made by both camps during this referendum.
Highlighted the key word...

Are a significant proportion of the British public naive enough to have believed this 'claim'? As my Swiss neighbour told me yesterday, Swiss people tend to be a lot more politically engaged because of all the referendums they have.

Quote:
View Post
Did the (UK) vote based on what was printed on buses? (makes sense).
Last Sunday, I turned on the tv for the ITV evening news and was confronted by an advert by the Leave campaign that is so divisive and manipulative, that I made my first, ever complaint to Ofcom. It might take a few viewings for all to become clear, but the blatant racism in this ad is spectacular.

This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: