View Single Post
Old 26.06.2016, 18:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 252 Times in 150 Posts
Thanked 5,478 Times in 2,493 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
An ex-Zurich mate of mine now based in zeist sent me this message earlier...

"I saw Coldplay in the Amsterdam Arena on Friday night (the day after). Their set starts with video of fans from each concert that they've been at during the tour so far, wishing everyone a great night. So we saw fans from Argentina, Chile, Peru, Columbia, Brazil, Mexico, France, Spain, Germany, Britain and Switzerland..

Except when the British fans with Union Jack came up on the screen most of the 70,000 strong crowd started booing. My first reaction was WTF? Britain has done something courageous that will probably save your skins (again), so why boo? My second reaction was "welcome to the future".
Sorry, but the general opinion is that the (UK) has done something pretty stupid.