View Single Post
Old 27.06.2016, 09:33
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 265 Times in 195 Posts
Thanked 17,006 Times in 8,798 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
So can anyone here (you are a much better educated bunch) give me a concrete plus for leaving?
But..but...the "sovereignty" mantra that was all over before the vote? I heard it: creates cash instantly, makes edu system that nobody invested in before automatically higher quality, fixes healthcare with no efforts and helps French Calais guys stop the mean illegal infiltrators already in France. Right? Isn't it what the news say now?

Unfortunately not. Things could have been fixed before and weren't. Nothing to do with EU. A few exiled, overqualified Polish plumbers, Czech doctors or Rumanian nurses pushed to re-evaluate their right to stay - won't change much. They secured their places by supreme edu and high working standards long time ago. The market is already oversaturated, nobody was really flooding in. If UK labor was not ready to face that competition, seclusion will not make it competitive enough, over night. Seclusion will make it not sovereign but dependent. The closed doors to edu boost through enlarged academic access and foreign unies will only penalize the local youth. Will not give their parents jobs, either, I think. It is naieve to think the small people will all of a sudden become important for politicians. I think they had more options before, whole EU was theirs if they felt like it. They got manipulated by the candy of populistic rhetorics.

The news from the traders this morning are harsh. Wows.

The British Ambassador gave some desperate "please, like us still" speech in Prague.

Not sure who's better off, tbh. It will not be the honest, hard working, little folks. They were ignored before and their anger got used to promote an agenda, with consequences not really in their favor.

To try to blame the EU for the domestic, local mess - is simply myopic. That attitude will not empower positive changes.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

Last edited by MusicChick; 27.06.2016 at 10:34.
The following 2 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: