View Single Post
Old 27.06.2016, 09:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,110 Times in 761 Posts
Thanked 18,713 Times in 7,259 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I'm sorry, but the plucky leavers idea that everyone is gonna give the uk great trade deals for "reasons" is idiotic, everything i've ever known about trade, is that if someone is in a weak position, you ****ing take advantage of it.
The UK is currently holding a lot of cards. The EU is engaging in a lot of bluster in an attempt to force the UK's hand because they know that every month the UK stays in the EU despite having held a referendum to leave is a PR disaster for them, a slap in their red faces. We are contesting their will, and autocrats like Juncker et al don't like that, as we have seen from their initial posturing and ill-advised comments.

Merkels reaction now calling for calm and saying "no rush" is a clear sign that she knows full well that the UK, as one of Europe's economic powerhouses, has the power to weaken the major EU economies as we are such a big consumer of French and German goods.

There is a crapton of scare-mongering going on, but in the end who is going to want to shoot themselves in the foot in order to "make an example" out of the UK? I would even argue that if the EU commission acts like a douchebag in this Brexit, then it will do them more damage than otherwise.

We are in the first few days after the referendum, we have not invoked Article 50 yet, and already people are panicking like we have one year left to secure our future before disaster looms.

Get a grip of yourselves and lets see how we are in a few months when the dust and initial outrage has settled and things become a little more normalised.
The following 4 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: