View Single Post
Old 27.06.2016, 09:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,513 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
The UK is currently holding a lot of cards. The EU is engaging in a lot of bluster in an attempt to force the UK's hand because they know that every month the UK stays in the EU despite having held a referendum to leave is a PR disaster for them.

Merkels reaction now calling for calm and saying "no rush" is a clear sign that she knows full well that the UK, as one of Europe's economic powerhouses, has the power to weaken the major EU economies.

There is a crapton of scare-mongering going on, but in the end who is going to want to shoot themselves in the foot in order to "make an example" out of the UK? I would even argue that if the EU commission acts like a douchebag in this Brexit, then it will do them more damage than otherwise.

We are in the first few days after the referendum, we have not invoked Article 50 yet, and already people are panicking like we have one year left to secure our future before disaster looms.

Get a grip of yourselves.
What cards? I hear people say that stuff but it's very vague, i think it's a house of cards built on a long past colonial britain, and we've been building it for years, the eu helped us prop it up.

As a techie, i know the generation that worked with bbc's, comodores and spectrums has long been replaced by courses in ms office while other countries invested in engineers.
The following 2 users would like to thank cyrus for this useful post: