View Single Post
Old 27.06.2016, 12:00
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 348 Times in 240 Posts
Thanked 18,842 Times in 9,816 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I fail to see what cards the UK holds?? the UK NEEDS a trade deal with the EU, the EU can carry on quite happily without one, the UK NEEDS to export 1.2 millions cars (half of all the UK's output) the EU can quite happily carry on without the UK's imports.

This is before you take into account a big number of those 1.2m are BMW owned brands, or the fact Ford make a huge amount of engines for export to other ford factories in the EU, or the engines in the mini's are made in austria etc etc

really, I don't mind how people voted, fair play to them

but

all I see is the leavers voted for a lie, a big fat huge sticking bag of lies that will lead to a very painful, long recession (which will be the EU's fault of course)
I agree with you.

Quote:
maybe our kids will see the benefit of leaving
Except that. I do not think having a job market shrink to a small slice will benefit anyone. Mobility still ensures competitivness, it is not an ideal motivation, but it works. Brits I know here scored that easy work permit thanks to the EU. They won't hold that advantage over the US anymore.

British aren't so keen on foreign language learning, I know that from living there. How is getting rid of EU going to inspire kids to all of a sudden catch up with the rest of the Europe, language wise. Languages promote mobility and career flexibility. If generations must wait, locked in, for conditions to improve while limited by austerity measures..like that is going inspire, all of a sudden.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein
The following 3 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: