View Single Post
Old 27.06.2016, 12:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 486 Times in 405 Posts
Thanked 14,715 Times in 5,780 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I don't know any figures, but my impression is that we don't just export cars to the EU, I went on a tour of Southampton docks last year and we saw loads and loads of new cars parked up and waiting to be loaded onto a ship. I think they were Nissans but I'm not sure as we couldn't come that close and I'm not that good with recognising models. Our guide said they were going to New Zealand (I think).

very true, they are exported all over the world, from an EU country to non EU countries that have EU trade deals or trade deals pending (eg USA)

A company like nissan (part french owned) can quite easily up sticks and move to another EU country, eg Romania, where Renault has a nice big car plant knocking out Dacia's at the moment, and where the salary's are about 1/4 of the UK's.
This user would like to thank bigblue2 for this useful post: