View Single Post
Old 27.06.2016, 14:04
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 359 Times in 246 Posts
Thanked 19,161 Times in 9,996 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Like any non-EU country, it only takes a financial contribution to the program to be part of it. Norway and Switzerland pay in, there are in. If Britain's leavers wanted a "pay as you use" kind of Europe, they'll get it. The prices are set by supply vs. demand, something the UK understands better than anybody else in Europe. No problem. Money will take care of it and we'll see if it is cheaper or more expensive. I don't know.
Well, trippling the maximum fees that the gov did did not seem like a learning inviting gesture nor suggests that the new gov would actually want to spend on sending students abroad. Erasmus program and other foreign school programs seemed to be the way out for many. This is being compromised and if I was a student or planing to be a student in the UK, I would worry. The UK will get into the unbearable edu debts situation the US is, if they aren't there already. Paying a lot for schooling, having to buy mediocre, watered down edu modules doesn't really automatically translate to quality edu, no matter how blown the credentials or agreed terminology might look. If there was any way to push, it was by comparison and competition, not isolationary protest stance.

http://www.theguardian.com/education...d-survey-finds

My SIL did her doc Erasmus in Finland and Norway, so I know there are agreements. She was thrilled, for 3 semesters she learned both the local language and English. People from small nations need that linguistic boost, I wonder if the UK thinks they do not anymore.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: