View Single Post
Old 27.06.2016, 19:58
Nadia77's Avatar
Nadia77 Nadia77 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zug
Posts: 203
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 145 Times in 67 Posts
Nadia77 has an excellent reputationNadia77 has an excellent reputationNadia77 has an excellent reputationNadia77 has an excellent reputation
Post Brexit Dilemma

Im hoping that someone on here will be able to shed a little light on this situation..

So my husband is a British B permit holder who has been in Switzerland for 8 years. He is self employed and has a GmBH. We also own a property here. So here is the dilemma that we face post brexit.. My husband, due to the nature of his business is paid in pounds.. He has steadily watched his salary decrease over the years and now with brexit, and the chance that the pound could plummet even lower, there is a chance we may have to leave CH. As it will become too expensive to live here for him.

I am a non-eu citizen currently on a Spousal B permit with the right to work. Ive worked for about 6 years since I arrived. I currently work at one of the banks and am in a good position with a decent salary which I would be really hesitant to give up.. So here is the question..

If my husband moved back to the Uk, and got rid of his company here. Is there chance that I could stay and continue my job? Not for an indefinite period, but for at least a year or so. I would commute to the UK on weekends. I know that I would then need a non-permit and these are hard to come by.

Given that i have worked continuously for 6 years, have a decent job, pay taxes and speak German. Do you think that they would allow this? Or would this not even be an option. Im hoping someone can shed a bit of light as to whether this feasible. Would you advise perhaps speaking to a lawyer to find out options? Would be grateful for any inputs...
Reply With Quote