View Single Post
Old 30.06.2016, 22:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 139 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 10,510 Times in 5,589 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
"he should leave immediately" He wants to leave immediately. It is not his problem if the Conservative party will take some time to find a replacement.

In Switzerland it also takes some years for the referendum results to be implemented; did you never notice this?
For example, the MEI referendum was passed in February 2014 but until now nothing was implemented by the Bundesrat.
If you want to compare UK with Switzerland then you should really think about what this means?
Oh yeah, we're very slow (makes us stable maybe?) but nobody here says "I won't do anything about this subject, the next one should ..... and the next one comes in 4 months.
Don't get me wrong, I liked Camerons good-bye speech (he was so civil it surprised me) I just think preparations for negotiations (not the negotiations themselves necessarily as not possible) with all these countries who seem to have already offered should really be started now and his party being in the lead has to start those procedures.
Triggering Art. 50 after he left is a very good idea but I think there are things to do until then to be good and ready by then (as far as this is possible at all as it's a first)

"If you want to compare UK with Switzerland then you should really think about what this means?" Yeah, tell me about it, I'm thinking about nothing else lately, trying to figure GB out