View Single Post
Old 01.07.2016, 15:55

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Robbi64 is considered knowledgeableRobbi64 is considered knowledgeableRobbi64 is considered knowledgeable
Re: ADHD and Swiss schools

Rama, can you go around him? Back to the school psychologist, and ask them to intervene? Your gemeinde? What about seeing your doctor? From what you are saying, the relationship between your son and his teacher has broken down.

I'm guessing the reason for keeping your child in the smaller class is "time and energy", but this newbie teacher obviously has no idea. I would say she has little to no chance of repairing the relationship so close to the end of the school year. Her motivation will not be in the right frame with only two weeks left. It is debatable whether she could even continue to teach him next school year - gee, I hope that is not on the cards?

I reached a point of sheer desperation with B. She point blank refused to attend school, so I phoned her in as "sick" and home schooled her for a week. We would have got away with it had I not mentioned the words "home school" on Facebook. That got me a phone call from the school board, but at least they were understanding. If we could get a certificate from our doctor, it would be fine, they said. (I would have got one if she'd kept refusing, but she decided to give them another chance.)
The following 2 users would like to thank Robbi64 for this useful post: