View Single Post
Old 01.07.2016, 22:53
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,373 Times in 523 Posts
heckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New, and in need of information.

welcome!

as far as paperwork goes....the best advice I can give is to get a ring binder and plastic pockets. Put everything you can think you possibly need in it (birth certificate, copy of passport ID page and Swiss visa page, copy of residence permit when you get that,copy of rental contract where you are living...)

then add all the documents you think no one would ever need (passport size photographs, copy of medical insurance registration, employment contract if you find a job, letter confirming you are allowed to live where you live if you are not on the rental contract....)

Take it to all appointments where you are registering/arranging anything....I've done this the last two international moves, and it has saved me so much time hunting out documents or returning for another appointment with the right stuff. Having spare copies ready of the key stuff (passport, residence permit) can make officials quite happy
The following 3 users would like to thank heckenhocker for this useful post: