View Single Post
Old 02.07.2016, 10:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 276 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 17,711 Times in 7,475 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
the ideals of post war Europe, of a Europe that collaborates rather than kills each other.
I think that is one of the most insidiously damaging things about the EU. It seems to have brain-washed people into thinking that the EU is the only way that Europe can collaborate and work together (i.e. within a framework of law which forces countries into submission through threats or QMV and which overthrows democratically elected governments and replaces them with technocrats, or bullies governments with economic threats e.g. Ireland bailout or Brexit).

This is a sad, sad 'ideal' to have for European cooperation. I hope Brexit leads to the destruction of the EU to allow for a new Europe where countries can cooperate and collaborate out of mutual benefit, instead of fear or coercion. Where differences are valued and respected instead of considered something to be eliminated and made uniform.