View Single Post
Old 02.07.2016, 11:41
Banned

Groaned at 287 Times in 110 Posts
Thanked 1,374 Times in 546 Posts
idefix has earned the respect of manyidefix has earned the respect of manyidefix has earned the respect of many
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Why- this quote perhaps makes the best case for it.

17 killion were killed in WW1, and 20 mio wounded. That's reason enough, Id say.

The war in Yugoslavia was an internal war- and Europe could do little to prevent it. It was always a troubled region, I am sad to say. (My mother was a guest at Court in Zagreb and Bled twice in 1927 and 1928, and always knew it would all end in lots of tears and blood.)
And so what milions were killed or wounded? In war terms, that's only a number. Who remembers today of victims? Nobody. As Stalin famously said "People can be born, but land can not"

We are very naive to think wars can be stopped.

Yugoslavia was an example of EU, it was a mini-EU, the same system just like this bureaucratic EU. The war while seemed internal, it was among different nations of different language, religion and culture so it's exactly same as the EU.

Yugoslavia broke apart when money ran out, Slovenia saw Serbs printing money like crazy and knew the economy will collapse. Why I find it the same now with the Draghi keeping the EUR press hot and the British not wanting to support failing economies like Greece and Spain?