View Single Post
Old 03.07.2016, 12:30
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 348 Times in 240 Posts
Thanked 18,832 Times in 9,810 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
And here a great article about a young man from Prague- about his first visit beyond the border when he was 10, about their fears from Russia and about what it now feels like to be a second class European.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...m_source=atltw
It is a story that a girl wrote. It is great, fits for my life, too. Though I tend to not glorify Anglophone countries, lived in them enough to know better. The 2nd class citizenship can follow one anywhere, here one is made to feel it sometimes, too, by some people. The best is to smile at ignorance and continue one's work, projects and dreams, just like the autor of the article and her husband.

This is, btw, one single epic EF thread. A legend. I am going to ruin it a little, I know - but thanks, community, for being civil and debating in a classy way. 90 pages, wow.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein

Last edited by MusicChick; 08.07.2016 at 11:19.
The following 2 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: