View Single Post
Old 06.07.2016, 08:14
RIP

Groaned at 563 Times in 354 Posts
Thanked 11,548 Times in 5,941 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
So you lived in the UK during the period of the oil crisis, stagflation and union battles and the main problem was a long lead time on computer memory? I'd expect things to be considerably better than that then
No that was just symptomatic, that the UK couldn't deliver a basic item that was available on the streets of Texas. Did I mention that at the sight of a recession all the wholesalers stopped buying components, and we had to import resistors from Germany? Do you remember the sugar shortage? How about the toilet roll shortage (no joke!) ? It was exasperating working there, and very refreshing to work in Germany where everything was well organised.

Have things changed in the UK? I expect so, but there will always be crooks hoping to make money by creating a shortage. As part of a larger market, the EU, this cannot happen.

I am not happy to see that speculators are stalking the pound, I hope you didn't do a deal with them Phil!