View Single Post
Old 06.07.2008, 04:54
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
bodq has no particular reputation at present
Trouble: Fixing kitchen pipes

Hi all,

I've been greatly annoyed by our kitchen tap leaking water; not only this creates a disturbing dripping noise and an odd smell, but I also would bet it costs us a little fortune for all the wasted water.

We've been living in this rented apartment (Basler Versicherungen) in Zürich for about 1.5 years. Our relations with the landlord are a bit odd; we only talked once, and we had severe communication problems because she refuses to speak English, and we barely knew German (yeah, we still do, after 1.5 years, I know...).

So I've finally decided to give the matter some attention; I wonder if there's any possibility to bill the repairs to the house owner. It would also be great if you could recommend a repairman/agency in Zürich -- Albisrieden area -- who can communicate in English (our experience with swiss repairmen so far has been AWFUL; the one we've met didn't understand a word of English, and he was a terrible repairman too ). Additional cost orientation or a record of your experience would be most useful.

Thanks,
Bohdan.

P.s. I wonder if I could do it myself -- that probably would result in even more destruction and more expenses. I can't even find a tap to close the water; looks like it's outside of the apartment, or very will hidden. Oh, and my ceiling lamp installing activities... better to forget them.