View Single Post
Old 19.07.2016, 02:52

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
nevaeh has no particular reputation at present
Dependent visa for an EU citizen?

Hi everyone,

My husband (third country national) has accepted a job offer and his future employer is now starting to process the paperwork to request a residence permit for him (I believe it'll be either L or B) and we'll be based in Zurich.

The question: will I be able to join him in Switzerland as a dependent after his permit is issued?

We're currently living in Asia and we have been married for a couple of years, and I'm an EU citizen, so if I find a job it'll be easy enough for me to stay, easier than for his company to apply for his residence permit at least.

However, I'm not sure if I can get a job within the first couple of months, and now I'm wondering if I can travel with him to Switzerland? I can enter the country as an EU citizen and stay for a while, but I'm worried that I'll have to stay behind and wait for some type of dependent visa to be issued.

Has anyone had any experience with this?
a) Should the dependent visa be processed together with his L/B visa or do we apply for it only after it's issued?
b) Can I enter the country (with the regular 3-month waiver) and get a dependent visa while in the country?
c) Is it possible to contact the local authorities online or on the phone (without being in the country) and is it possible to get English speaking support?

Thanks!