View Single Post
Old 22.07.2016, 12:20
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 36 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,179 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Freedom of Movement for EU nationals: should the Swiss bend the knee?

Quote:
View Post
The time is approaching when the Swiss government will have to respect the vote of the Swiss people in the 2014 referendum.

Given the Swiss government was and is against what the Swiss people voted for, and given the risk of losing access to the Single Market, what do you think the Swiss government should do?

. . .
The Swiss, as long time and strong proponents of direct democracy, have an important message here to give the British in the face of the BRexit vote.
1. Ensure that strong weight is given, and is seen to be given, to the direct democratic process, and the more inconsequential the matters delegated back to the voting public are, the stronger is the weight that should be given to them.
2. If anything of importance does accidentally slip through, attempt to ignore it or delay it through endless discussions until it is no longer of relevance.
This user would like to thank me.anon for this useful post: