View Single Post
Old 23.07.2016, 19:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 25,254 Times in 7,880 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rottweiler in valais

Tangential to this thread, but I am so upset that information on banned dogs does not seem to percolate through correctly when people are considering immigrating to Switzerland.

It is true - there is no BSL at the federal level. This is what leaves many people to wrongly believe they can bring their dogs here. But federal law is only one of three layers.

Dog control is the competency of the cantons. Each canton establishes it's own dog law. There are 26 different sets of laws a dog owner must understand: the laws in one's own cantons of residence, and the laws of any canton one visits. And as per my earlier post - about half the cantons have some form of BSL on the books.

Please - if any of you are involved in relocation issues with your companies, or in hiring folks from abroad, please do what you can to disseminate this information. I have seen too many relocations go sour - at great expense to the company, at great heartbreak to the family - because incorrect information is being given out.