View Single Post
Old 06.08.2016, 13:11
Forum Legend

Groaned at 356 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 14,169 Times in 7,783 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Sorry, I can't access your link, but I'm presuming this relates to self-funding 'final salary' schemes? If so, this has been an issue for several decades and is unrelated to the referendum.

A big majority of occupational schemes these days, as well as nearly all personal pensions and SIPPs are dependent on the performance of the financial markets and related instruments. The weakness of the pound has given a major boost to the value of most diversified pension investments -- that was my point in response to the poster moaning about holiday spending money.
"most diversified pension investments" Except for commercial property which many funds have diversified into!
Quote "Stockbroker Peel Hunt is warning that "long bull market" in UK property could be at an end thanks to the Brexit vote and is predicting a huge collapse in London office values."